I still stay up late reading in bed by a tiny reading lamp, and I hope to catch my daughter doing the same very soon. We were having a chat one evening, my daughter and I. Teeth were brushed, pajamas were on tags in the back and I told my daughter to go pick a book or two from her giant collection. And so every night from that night on, we read chapters depending on her level of tiredness.
Children’s Book Review: My Monster Burrufu
It was a great accomplishment when we finished the book and I could tell my daughter loved this new big girl book bedtime. So when I got notice that Dreamworks animator, Alberto Corral, had written a kids book with more words than pictures, I was delighted. The little girl, Olivia, discovers the creature when he sneaks into the kitchen one night, tempted by the decadent aroma of cookies.
- Todas las historias de amor son historias de fantasmas: David Foster Wallace. Una biografía (Spanish Edition).
- Sowa Rigpa: La scienza della guarigione per unalimentazione consapevole (iSaggi) (Italian Edition).
- Item Preview.
- Hubble Telescope Feature -Celestial Composition?
- Ocean Kills (Ocean Breeze Book 1).
- The Mask of Anarchy!
- Heaven Lies About Us!
The two develop an unlikely friendship that has to remain hush hush. The first obstacle of their friendship is getting the monster, Burrufu to trust Olivia. He has, after all, been alone for a long time.
Exciting events unfold and little lessons are tied in about overcoming fear and being accepting of others. My daughter absolutely fell in love with this book and tells me quite often she wants her own Burrufu.
My Monster Burrufu comes with expert illustrations by Alessandra Sorrentino. Special thanks to Alberto Corral for providing a copy for review. Hey Ya'll! What will Olivia discover in her new home? Will she be happy?
My Monster Burrufu
Alberto Corral does a very nice job of creating a young girl character who children will fall in love with. When she hears noises coming from upstairs does she run away?
Oh no, not Olivia! Instead she sets a trap, and the magic begins.
Olivia is so tiny compared to her big, fuzzy friend. The pictures with the two of them were my absolute favorite!
I see many a child listening with wide eyes to the story that Alberto Corral so expertly weaves, and giggling out loud at the pictures that accompany it. Let me tell you, adult or not, I loved the balance between the story and illustrations!lumvivormatumb.ml
14 Best My Monster Burrufu images in | Monsters, Book Nerd, Book worms
I was smitten. Skip to content.
- My Monster Burrufu - Alberto Corral - Google книги;
- Incursion (Lovecraftian Shorts)!
- Chemical Pretreatment of Nuclear Waste for Disposal: Proceedings of an American Chemical Society Symposium Held in Washington D.C., August 1992 (The Language of Science);
- Account Options.
- Salvatore: Book One?
- Market Time Conspiracy: A Tale of Deceipt, Redemption, and Love?
Recommended to: Parents looking for a good sized chapter book to share with their children. Great bedtime book! This story is adorable, heartfelt, and teaches a very important lesson.